Game Day Guide: Dolphins Vs. Chargers
By Vince Pannozzo
on November 16, 2013 at 9:13 am
The Miami Dolphins return to Sun Life Stadium to host the San Diego Chargers this Sunday afternoon. The game marks the first time since 2008 that San Diego will be playing at Miami. Kickoff is scheduled for 4:05 pm.
Important times to remember for Sunday’s game:
Parking and Tailgating Lots open at 12:00 pm
Stadium Gates open at 2:00 pm
Kickoff is scheduled for 4:05 pm
Before heading to the game, make sure to watch the Miami Dolphins Game Day Video.
Key Areas to Visit on Game Day
GATE A – PLAYER ENTRANCE
- 12:00 pm: New for the 2013 season, fans are now able to cheer on your favorite players as they enter the stadium before the game.
AT&T GRAND PLAZA
- 2:00 – 3:00 pm: Meet the Miami Dolphins cheerleaders who will be signing autographs outside of the Finsiders Pavilion.
- 2:30 -3:45 pm: Watch host Jesse Agler with analysts Sam Madison and Troy Stradford broadcast The Finsiders Pregame Show live from the Finsiders Pavilion.
- 3:00 – 3:45 pm: Miami Dolphins Alumni Donald Brown and Derek Wimberly will be available for autographs and photographs.
- 12:00 pm: Enjoy music provided by DJ Supersede.
- 2:00p m & 3:00 pm: The National Guard Rock Band will be performing live on the Landshark Stage.
Ford Football Experience
- 12:00 pm: The Ford Football Experience features youth football activities, car displays, photo stations and great giveaways.
Cell Phones for Soldiers
- 12:00 pm: Cell Phone for Soldiers is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing cost-free communication services to active duty military members and veterans. Stop by and donate your gently used cell phone.
- 12:00 pm: Get your new logo Dolphins gear for the 2013 Season at the Team Store located in the Grand Plaza. Make sure to check out the jersey press to get your own customized jersey!
Bud Light Boat
- 12:00 pm: Enter your chance to win the Bud Light Boat this season!
JOE ROBBIE ALUMNI PLAZA PRESENTED BY BANK OF AMERICA
Walk of Fame
- 12:00 pm: Walk through the history of the Dolphins greats at the Dolphins Walk of Fame.
- 12:00 pm: Located between Gates D and C, the Kickoff Tailgate features live entertainment and an all you can eat buffet from Bru’s Room Sports Grill. (For tickets to the Kickoff Tailgate, click here.)
Dolphins Express Tailgate
- 2:00 pm: The Dolphins Express Tailgate is located between gates B and C. Dolphins Express Packages include Dolphins game tickets, pregame tailgate party, and round trip coach charter transportation to Sun Life Stadium. For more information regarding Dolphins Express, please click here.
Tailgate Talent Stage
- 12:00 pm: Enjoy music provided by a DJ.
- 1:00 pm: Cheer on fellow Dolphins fans as they show their talents on the Tailgate Talent stage.
DON SHULA PLAZA
Dolphins Academy Field
- 12:00 pm: Test your family’s football skills on the Dolphins Academy field, and participate in Miami Dolphins Junior Training Camp drills.
- 12:00 – 2:00 pm: Enjoy live music, giveaways, and live action from the 1:00 pm games across the NFL.
- 2:05 –3:00 pm: Receive autographs and take photos with the Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders.
- 2:45 pm: Watch a live performance by Miami Dolphins Cheerleader at the DFX truck before kickoff.
Miami Dolphins Special Teams
- 12:30 pm: Join the Miami Dolphins Special Teams and make care packages for veterans.
Dolphins Cycling Challenge
- 12:00 pm: Over 2,800 riders participated in DCC IV over the weekend of November 2nd-3rd. Stop by the tent to learn more about the cause.
Game Day – Fast Facts:
Game Day Sponsor: Bank of America
Landshark Stage: National Guard Rock Band (2:00pm & 3:00pm sets)
National Anthem: Darius Rucker
Flyover: Black Diamond Jet Team
Color Guard: Southern Command Joint Honor Guard
Honorary Captains: Tony Nathan, OJ McDuffie and Chris Chambers
Halftime Show: Black Diamond Jet Team
Please remember that the new NFL Bag Policy will be in effect for the game. Below are examples of bags that will be accepted into the stadium. Miami Dolphins bags are available for purchase at the Team Store located in the Grand Plaza. For more information regarding the new NFL Bag Policy, please click here.